Friday, November 29, 2013

Show and Tell

Lots to show today! Firstly, I won a second and a third in the Lilydale Show needlework, for "Garden Party" and "The Sewing Lesson". It's lovely to have a big, fat ribbon!
The quilt below has been made by my cousin, Heather, who is a Canadian - she has been having lessons and I think the result is beautiful! I can't wait to see what she produces next.
Last week we had a stand at the Australian Quilt Market (trade fair). It was a great weekend - this was our little 2m X 3m patch of the venue!
Met old friends, took lots of orders and made some new contacts in the patchwork world.
"At the Bottom of the Garden" (what a mouthful - what was I thinking when I named this pattern.....) is one of my designs that is an evergreen - it keeps in selling.
Miche'le from New Zealand has made it in these lovely greens.
I think you will agree that it is simply stunning!


And my final word - this is the machine I learnt to sew on. Right hand turned the handle, so there was only one free hand to guide the fabric.
Liz
P.S. I was thrilled when the treadle machine arrived at our house! Two hands to sew with!!! Although it took a while to get the feet going smoothly - to avoid back-sewing and broken threads!

1 comment:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Thank you so much for sharing my version of your beautiful design Liz. I'm now working through another one - this time there are lots of cup cakes to keep me busy and not a calorie in sight - yeah.
many thanks, hugs
Miche'le