Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bits and Pieces, a Second and a Highly Commended

The Mystery Quilt - here are Sue's samples - above is the Christmas version in brights (but they are not her feet!), and below is her version in lovely violet and green. The possibilities are endless........
I will keep you posted with the progress of my "Five Gold Rings".
I had a very busy weekend. It was Archie's second birthday party at Lilydale Lake on Saturday (all go, go, go!), and the Quilt In at Warburton on Sunday. 
But it was also the Lilydale Agricultural Show all weekend. Helen from our quilting group had nag, nag, nagged me for the past few months to put something in the show.
So I did.
Big surprise! Below is "A Teddy Bear Christmas". It was awarded a highly commended!!!!!!!!!!
Big surprise number two! "Grandpa's Little Treasures" was awarded a second prize!!!!!!!
I couldn't get to the show and it was a lovely surprise when Sue dropped the quilts off on Sunday evening.
Keep an eye on Tiramisue's blog - her African mask quilt was in the exhibition and she will let you know how she went!
The theme for next year is Spring. 
Hmmmm........ ideas already!
A very productive Wednesday last week - I was busy in the kitchen.
Home made pasta - I told Himself the ladder hanging from the ceiling would come in handy! You can just see the rods I use for the spaghetti hanging from hooks that are hanging from the ladder.........
Pasta sauce bubbling gently on the stove, and.........
......chicken casserole simmering in the slow cooker.
The freezer is now full!
Delicious!
Liz
P.S. I'll tell you more about the Quilt In soon.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hi, I came across your blog when looking on allquiltingbiz.com. I was at the Lilydale Show last week and admired your Christmas teddy bear quilt. It was absolutely adorable! I just had to leave a comment because I didn't expect to find someone in Lilydale when looking on such a huge blog repository. Congratulations on the recognition you've received!