Monday, October 8, 2012

Patchwork Elephant and Human Pincushion

A quick blog!
I've been busy working out "Annie's Animals".
Sort of like "Josh's Jungle" only for girls.
Here are a few ideas that will be included in the wall hanging.
No Sue, it's NOT a gummy shark........
 Mousey has changed colour several times until I settled for this.
A pink bunny - of course!!!!
We went to the Melbourne Zoo with the family yesterday. Sean was beside himself with excitement!
But how appropriate is this! A patchwork elephant. It reminded me of the story book "Elmer the Patchwork Elephant".
And here's "The Saggy Baggy Elephant" - another children's book. The zoo is celebrating its 150th. birthday and there was a herd of artist designed elephants on display, all in the likeness of Mali, a young elephant which was born at the zoo. They were fabulous! Well worth a visit to the zoo - you can see in the photo above, the elephant in the background made to look like a tiger. And the one on the far right (behind Himself in the cap with grandson) had animals painted all over it.
Back to the drawing board!
Liz
P.S. This week's first embarrassing moment. 
I was shopping in Patchwork with Gail B, then went to the "S" shop, then the post office, the bank and the supermarket. When I arrived home I found I had left some pins in my jumper - stuck there when I was doing some sewing. I suppose you could have called the "arrangement" a brooch. I suppose it is an occupational hazard!

No comments: