Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Bit More Blog

More about Benalla - here's Jan's stand (GingerBears of Benalla). I was very taken with her range of bear mohairs - now I know where to go when I get around to making the grandboys their teddies!
David Short had the table next to us - here's Ernie with some of his restored dolls. David repairs dolls and let me tell you - he did a very brisk trade, and his work was fantastic! There was a never-ending stream of ladies having their old dolls fixed - new eyes, limbs re-attached, new hair. We watched (with some trepidation, I might add) when he cut open a plug in one unsuspecting doll's bottom, and thrust a hook (similar to a long crochet hook) up the hole, to find the workings inside that attach the arms and legs. There was a lot of "Ooooohing" and "Aaaarrrghing" going on, and much involuntary clenching of buttock muscles!!!!
David goes to lots of doll and bear shows, and he has a website which is worth a visit.
Ernie met up with his friends from Burgundy Raggies, another website worth looking at. We often see Sandra at the shows - we always enjoy a good natter! Can you find Ernie in the photo?
What's a teddy bear show without a bear wandering around entertaining the children?
Another stand we loved was Beth Grant's doll's houses. I just love a good doll's house.
She had a few different styles, all lovely, and the furniture was so cute!
I need a granddaughter!
Or do I? Do I need an excuse?
I just wanted to play all day.......
Beth can be contacted by phone on (mobile) 0407532652.
On the way home - water under the bridge at Bonnie Doon. This was one of my playgrounds when I was young - we had a boat and went fishing, swimming and "mucking about" in the paddocks.
Ernie was delighted to see so much water!

Next time you will get to see my self portrait!
Liz

No comments: