Monday, January 2, 2012

Avoiding the Self Portrait

I'm finding lots of trivial, mundane, boring things to do like looking for cobwebs (who actually looks for cobwebs?). It's because my quilting group has been issued a challenge by Tiramisue.
A 20" square quilt.
Subject matter? A self portrait.
I'm avoiding it.
I'm putting off starting.
It has to be completed by the end of February.
So I'm blogging quilt labels.
Of course!
This is how I like to make my quilt labels.
Hop onto your computer and choose a nice font.
Type out your message and play with the setting out and size of the words until you "like what you see".
I usually make the title a little larger than the rest of the message.
You can type as much or as little as you like.
Another idea is to trace a small design feature from the quilt and embroider it into the label.
Some of my labels are a little more detailed than these, but I couldn't be bothered going through the cupboard to find them ....... however, it seems a better option than the self portrait .......
Liz
P.S. Dearest Sue ....... it will happen. I don't know when, but it will happen .......

2 comments:

Kaye R said...

Hi Mrs T,
I think you should do a teddy with your characteristics driving the VW bug..... Hehehe
Kaye ( ex patchwork with Gail B ) remember me?

Quilt Kitty said...

A self portrait - that's a hard one, I'd be avoiding it too. Thanks for the label tips too. Tracee xx