Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Made a Mistake

This is my new stitchery, and all will be revealed when it is finished!
However ......... I made a mistake.
I chose the wrong thread colour.
No excuse!
I had picked out the Madeira embroidery thread to match my border fabric, made note of the number, then began ferreting around in my thread box without my glasses!
Instead of 0512 I managed to select 0511 and sat in front of the TV/fire stitching away - had nearly completed it when I found a stray thread card with thread, with the correct number on it ..... what was I doing!!??!!
I had a good close look - there's not much in it - either thread will do.
If I hadn't said anything, you'd never have known!It's Sean's third birthday tomorrow - we had the family party on the weekend - he's been ill with a throat infection which is very unusual because he's never sick!
I can't believe he's three!
Liz

1 comment:

Bearly Sane said...

I can't tell even with my glasses on Liz!

Happy birthday Sean, hope you are feeling much better now.

Doesn't the time just fly by, he'll be at school before you know it. I can't believe we are nearly at September.

Hugs,
Sandi