Friday, July 8, 2011

Village Green Preservation Society

This is my quilt "Green Farm Village". There is a small stitchery in one of the blocks (middle left) which says "Village Green Preservation Society". I feel very strongly about preserving some of the "old ways" and traditions. There is a song, originally by the Kinks, which expresses my feelings exactly. The version I truly love is by Kate Rusby. I have all her records (that's giving away my age! I mean CDs, of course!) - her voice is unique.
The track is also the theme to a quirky British series called "Jam and Jerusalem".
Turn up your speakers and have a listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRK6U5vIHCs
Liz

1 comment:

TiramiSue said...

She has the voice of an angel. I was tearing up at her version of "You belong to me". ITunes here I come....

Sue