Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Day at the Races

We finally finished setting up our stand at the Quilt and Craft Expo. It's for trade only, where we show off our designs to the shops. There were all sorts of businesses on display - fabric wholesalers, sewing notions, buttons, bag accessories, long arm quilting machines, textiles, wadding and, of course, the pattern designers.
That's my faithful companion reading the paper after a few hours of me "organizing" him and getting him to do the "high bits" (I'm not the tallest person in the world!).
Ernie was quite at home once more, in his favourite spot, good for "people watching" and keeping an eye on the stand.
I had a scream of a time - it was such fun having Sandy (left) from Cookies and Cream Craft stopping to chat on her way around the show - I think she was stalking us - she passed by every ten minutes (or so it seemed!).
Natalie Ross (next in the photo) was opposite us, and Gail Pan was our neighbour. That's me on the right. It was a laugh a minute - we had a great time! And my friends at Lloyd Curzon Textiles, Tim and Jim, were on the other side of us - I had a lovely time browsing their fabric swatches - lots of new ideas on the way!
Ernie backed a winner! (I hope he doesn't make this a regular occurrence!). There was a race meeting while we were there, and we could see the horses through the windows - Ernie couldn't help himself!
I always come away from these shows with new ideas - the fabrics are such a great inspiration. Lily and Peony from Clothworks and Cielle from Lecien are a couple of ranges that appeal to me, so let's see what happens over the next couple of months!
More about the show next time.
Liz

4 comments:

Zuly said...

¡Cómo me gustaría estar en ese lugar! Me queda tan lejos...
Tu stand es precioso...cuantas cosas lindas... ¡Te deseo mucha suerte!
Un abrazo,
Zuly Castillo

Tatkis said...

Wonderful day!
I love craft shows - they always give a lot of inspirations and new ideas!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Bearly Sane said...

OMG Liz I didn't realise it had been so long between blog visits, so much to read and catch up on.

The display looks wonderful and you have been sooooo busy with shows and whatnot, it's good to see Ernie Dingle is enjoying himself too!

Must catch up for lunch again soon...let me know when you have some free time.
Hugs,
Sandi

Natalie Ross said...

Hi Lizzy, we had a great time didn't we...as we always do!! Looking forward to being your neighbours once again at AQM. I must bring 3 x crownies for the big D...I owe him for looking after my stand in rush hour...LOL!

Nat xx