Thursday, May 5, 2011

Introducing Blueberry

I'm the luckiest lady! Meet Blueberry - isn't she adorable? Let me tell you how she came to be living with me.
On Wednesday I spent the day with Sandi Smith (from Bearly Sane and Ess D' Ess Bears) at her gorgeous home (complete with a hug of bears amongst other beautiful nick knacks), helping her to judge the finalists in the Australian Creative Design Awards, a special on-line award site for teddy bear and soft sculpture artists from around the world.
I have been helping Sandi for three years now, and I still find it a very difficult task as all the entries are of such a high standard (and I also need to improve my handwriting!). It's also very tempting to pick out a favourite, but it's so important to remain impartial and stick to the criteria. If you visit the A.C.D.A. website you will find photos of the finalists.
Just as I was about to leave Sandi presented me with a little gift - yes - Blueberry! I was so thrilled, especially as she was lovingly made by Sandi herself. What a generous lady!
So Blueberry sits in pride of place on an old bobbin. The perfect teddy bear stool!
Thank you Sandi!
Liz

4 comments:

The little book of Nessie said...

Yes, Blueberry is a sweet bear! I have been reading the lovely article about you in the new Homespun Magazine showing your new pattern. Regards, Nessie

Bearly Sane said...

You are so very generous with your time Liz and I appreciate all that you do to help by being part of the hands on judging team. I feel very priveliged to have three wonderful ladies to help each year...it's not an easy task.
Thank you once again,
Warmest hugs,
Sandi

Karen said...

How lucky are you? What a gorgeous bear!

Quilt Kitty said...

She is beautiful but looks a bit sad. Lots more settling in cuddles needed I think. Tracee xx