Sunday, May 8, 2011

Green Tomato Pickle and Homespun Magazine

Ernie Dingle is excited. There is a project in the latest Australian Homespun Magazine that has been created by me! That's why he's all quivery and squeaky!
I made up a cushion pattern, with a watering can filled with flowers and a ladybird. Not a bear in sight!
Ernie is engrossed in my profile - he likes to know everything about me - I can't keep any secrets from him!
He has found a new place to watch over everything - in my old school case on the dresser, with his buddies, of course.
Today I'm making green tomato pickle. My neighbour gave me a bag full of green tomatoes - you know the ones - they don't ripen at this time of the year and so are usually thrown out. But I like the good old Ezy Sauce recipe for green tomato pickle. It's soooo "ezy".
This is my HUGE stock pot. It holds a vast amount of "whatever". No spillovers.
There does not appear to be a great deal of pickle in the bottom, but believe me, there will be lots of jars filled!
Smells delicious.
Liz

4 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats on the pattern in Homespun. I had already seen the article and liked the cushion.
Good luck with the pickles.

Bronwyn said...

Love your project in Homespun. Is it possible to get the green tomatoe receipe?

Bearly Sane said...

Isn't it lovely to see yourself in print every now and then...just confirms how clever you really are!! Well done Liz, it's a beautiful project.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane / Ess D'Ess Bears

rosie said...

I love your patterns and have just discovered your blog.. Your cushion pattern was a surprise, no teddies!! I had to look twice to see that it really was your design! lol..