Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birthday Bears by Lynn

My friend Lynn dropped in yesterday - she has made "Birthday Bears" for her little granddaughter and has used lovely brights. She also made the cake of the chocolate variety (what every girl loves!!!!!). I love the lovely balloon binding print!
Lynn - I want photos of the party, and with Georgia next to her quilt!
We spent the afternoon looking at fabric choices for "Bearly Angels". Lynn has been having a mental block (for quite a few days now!) when it comes to selecting "what goes where", so we put all her bits and pieces on the floor and played with colours.
Now let me tell you that she needed very little help from me - I didn't seem to be of any assistance at all - once she saw my sample quilt everything came together quite nicely.
The border print is a lovely quirky print - and the colours of that will be introduced into the quilt, along with some pastels - but you'll have to wait and see.
Soon I will be posting a photo of Bug Bears, made by the daughter of a friend of mine.
Liz

No comments: