Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beige

I'm back! From IKEA! Love that store! But more about that in a minute.
I have just finished cutting up lots of nine patch squares to "re-arrange" for a quilt - our third grandson is due in April, so I'm making him a Paddington Bear quilt - something that Susanne can use for changing him, or for just "lying around on" (baby, not Susanne!). It's all very exciting really.
Our trip to IKEA was most productive! Arrived before they opened. Those Vikings are very canny - restaurant opens early, so in we sailed with our IKEA Family card - free bottomless coffee and a couple of little cinnamon scrolly things.
Then it was shopping time. We wondered why everyone was walking towards us until we noticed that we were going in the opposite direction to the arrows on the floor!
As you can see, we bought the shelving for the workroom, and here it is ready to be put together. David couldn't make it any cheaper from scratch - clever marketing strategy of IKEA to flat pack everything.
But I wonder how many marriages are put at risk at the assembly stage?!?
Our wood heater is in place, but not installed yet - looking forward to those cosy Winter nights with my sewing! (Ignore the unfinished retaining wall and the pile of rubbish!)
By the way, I painted the floor to seal it before the carpet is laid.
The tin was marked "beige".
I don't think so!
It's baby poo yellow!
At least it will be unseen and out of sight!
Liz
P.S. We'll be going back to IKEA for a "gadget" trip - love their gadgets!
P.P.S. Found this at IGA - "a tempting little box of gorgeously indulgent pleasures for cheeky little devils to enjoy" (that's what it says on the box). So I bought one of each flavour. Lovely with coffee!!!!

3 comments:

Sam Barry said...

I can't wait to see your room it is so exciting to see a work space in progress. I am also looking forward to see your storage solutions. The Paddington fabric is sooo cute, looking forward to seeing your quilt finished too.

Sandi with an "I" said...

Oh Liz you did exactly what Glenn and I did ... entered through the checkout. ROFL!
BTW No marriages on the rocks with IKEA...everthing goes together so easily after you assemble the first one.
Hey the fire looks great in the corner even with the baby poo painted floor.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio

Anonymous said...

Normally I do not read article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very
forced me to check out and do it! Your writing style has
been surprised me. Thank you, quite nice article.
My page: Book Shelves