Thursday, February 17, 2011

Poor Woody

The doors to paradise are in! Window frames and architraves are in! And I have been painting - it's taking so long because I can't get a good run at it - I wish I could take a week off to do it all!
I'm thinking that this weekend is looking good - weather not too hot, nothing planned, so it will be paint, paint, paint, for two days, and perhaps dinner on Saturday and Sunday nights from the plethora of take-away establishments in Mount Evelyn. Honestly, what was the local council thinking when all those permits were granted?
This is the back of my kitchen bench. The gumboots are our footwear of choice these days - the very weird rain we have been putting up with has added to our mud problems around the extension - THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE SUMMER!!!!!!! IT WILL BE AUTUMN NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!
My "bare" workroom. Now .... is there going to be enough room?
Woody (below) is the first casualty of the extension. He was made for me by a good friend who has taken up wood turning. Woody took pride of place on the bookshelf, but last week he jumped off (well that's my story - I think he was attention seeking). The house is in such a mess that I'm surprised that he is the only thing damaged!
Barry is going to operate - microsurgery on legs and ear. Barry - you are my new best friend!
If the truth be known, this little lady pushed him over the edge!
We have put her back in her body bag so that she can do no more harm. Vicious little madam!
(My daughter-in-law, Susanne, who has a wonderful sense of humour, gave her to me.)
Liz

4 comments:

Quilt Kitty said...

That is one scary bear - poor Woody!

Bearly Sane ® said...

Poor Woody ... he definitely needs surgery alright!

Hey the workroom's looking great!
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio

Sam77 said...

That bear is one of a kind! Just priceless!

DaisyJulz said...

As a resident of Mt Evelyn, I too often wonder what the Council was thinking. It's not good for my waistline trying to keep them all in business!!!!