Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Painting with Libby Richardson

Here it is, Emmy Rose - the "girlie" version of Archie. Both are now on my website so if you have a new baby somewhere in your world, these are the best gift! I have made one for my little grandson, Archie, and am in the middle of stitching one for Sean, and there will have to be a third for our next grandchild, due in April!
This is the state of our extension - as you can see, the sewing and designing carries on regardless! But I'm totally over it all! Just want to hide in a corner with a good book!
If you have ever renovated or extended you'll know what I mean!
So on Tuesday I took myself off to The Patchwork Tea House in Warburton for a bit of fun and relaxation - to learn how to paint on fabric, something I have done before, but not in the style of Libby Richardson who was our teacher for the day. Libby and I usually see each other at the trade shows, for fleeting moments between customers, so we had a more leisurely "catch up" during the painting session.
Here are some photos of the day - Libby is wearing WHITE!!!!!!! And she makes it look all too easy!!!!!!
We, a very nervous group, were sent to our tables to paint a flower on a scrap of calico. It was just as well, because we all made mistakes doing it - taught us a few valuable lessons in preparation for "The Real Thing".How to dilute the paint, which colours are stronger than others, not to get the brushes mixed up, make sure each section is dry before tackling the next .... etc!
I wore an old shirt because I'm a paint magnet. (David said that we'd run out of undercoat when I was painting the workroom .... I assured him that I'd bought enough ..... he said I was wearing most of it ..... men!) Still managed to get paint on my t-shirt.
It is a challenge trying to get Annmarie (one of Marilyn's patchwork elves) to smile for a photo! She has a cup of tea permanently attached to one hand!
This is Denise. She is a Patchwork Tea House-aholic. Can be seen there quite often - I think it must be her natural habitat.
More about the painting day next time, with the task we were set revealed.
Liz

1 comment:

Bearly Sane ® said...

Looks like a great day was had by all Liz. Wish I had know about this class I might have been able to join you.
Love the Archie and Emmy Rose wall hangs they are lovely...but then what's not to love when they have bears one them?
Good to see the workroom's coming along...even if it's a t a snails pace at least it's getting there and it will be lovely when it's finished.
We have the online show this weekend and then I can take a breather, so will email you soon.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio