Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

Look what we found in Archie's Christmas stocking! Archie, of course! His Christmas stocking was big enough to double as a sleeping bag! Maybe I'll have to make up a pattern for this one!
Keep an eye on Teddlywinks - it may happen!
It's hard to believe that he's almost two months old! Don't you love his Tigger "Sleepy Head" gro-suit?
He's a happy little chap - but then, what do you expect - Rach and Mark are such lovely parents.
We have spent all week trying to tame the garden - with all the rain it has grown out of control, so massive trimming has taken place!
We found a little bird's nest in a tiny burrow where David is building a retaining wall (he said he saw a bird fly in the hole, and I said it was nonsense - it must have been a mouse, but he said, no it was definitely a bird, and I said, have another drink, and he said, you don't believe me, and I said ....... and it went on until we both sat there watching for HOURS until I saw the bird!
Then I said, I told you it was a bird .....!
The blue circle shows where the nest is - the hole measures just under 3" (7 cm) across.
That's it below, right in the middle of the photo.
We were working around it on Sunday and the little birds were not too concerned about us, they continued flying in and out all day. They appear to be a very tiny variety of finch.
As you've guessed, all work on that part has ceased until the baby birds have flown the nest!
I hope you all had a happy Christmas, and that 2011 is all that you hope for.
Liz
P.S. I've been out of action for a couple of days - the expression "Better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick" comes to mind. The way I feel at the moment, anything is better than that! It happened in the garden when I was ferreting around under a particularly dense bush, trying to get rid of the weeds, and a twig snapped back into the corner of my eye. Oooooh, the pain! Off to the doctor, where he found a tiny puncture in my eye. (Wasn't wearing the safety glasses, which I usually do!) So now I have a swollen, sore (red hot poker stuff), red eye, but it should clear up in a day or two. Can't be bothered doing anything! I spent yesterday in front of the TV watching movies, but even that was an endurance!
I have drops to put in, but I don't know if they are just having a placebo effect - maybe I'll wear an eye patch for sympathy ........

2 comments:

Bearly Sane ® said...

Well you are off to a good start Liz...I had a similar thing happen with a twig down my toe nail. Fine pair we are! LOL!
Good to see things coming along in the garden and I just love that photo of Archie in the stocking...it's fab.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio

TiramiSue said...

Pardelotes are what you were waiting for.....
Archie is a sweety and why weren't you wearing safety glasses?
Sue xxx