Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Trading Cards

I've been making quilter's trading cards - and having fun doing it! The size is 2 1/2" X 3" and instead of card to make them stiff, I have been using the new stiff iron-on bag lining. It works a treat, making the cards nice and firm (but not thick) and as a bonus, I can back the cards with fabric. This means that the message can be either written with a permanent fabric marker, or if you are industrious, it can be embroidered!
Why am I making these? Earlier this year, I joined the quilting group at our local community house. We meet once a month, with the odd "mystery quilt" day thrown in for good measure. They are a great bunch of girls - I seem to have so easily slipped into the group as if I had been going for years! Very warmly welcomed.
So that's why I'm making the cards - we are doing a trading card "swap" later in the year and we have to make nine. I hope mine measure up! (I suppose I'd better do some with bears on them!)
Liz

3 comments:

Monica said...

I'm quite confident that your trading cards will measure up. They're super cute!

What is the name of the bag lining you used? When I do postcards I like to use Fast2Fuse. It's about 1/16" think if that and has fusible on both sides and it works really well.

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

I'm sure they'll measure up fine. they are gorgeous.
I'd love to find a swap for these myself :)

Tatkis said...

Such a nice cards! I like one with the bird most :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana