Monday, September 27, 2010

Rusty Pins

In goes another one! Pins, that is.
The man of the house got fed up with picking up bent, rusty or blunt pins (I scatter them around with gay abandon). He grabbed a yoghurt container (ate the yoghurt first because he LOVES it), disappeared up the back yard to the man shed, drilled a hole in the lid, taped the lid on securely, reappeared in the house and proudly placed it in front of my sewing machine.
No excuses now. In go the old pins, needles and anything else that is sharp.
Am I the only one who regularly breaks sewing machine needles? Usually at least one every time I'm sewing. The pins get in the way. Therefore, one broken needle and one bent pin!
What a man!
Liz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't bend pins very often, but I break sewing needles with regularity! I also keep a jar similar to this in my sewing area to collect my used 'sharps'.