Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Love Maywood Studio Fabrics and the Arrival of Bricks

My very favourite fabrics are from Maywood Studio - they are of a lovely quality and are heaven to sew with. My friend Tim at Lloyd Curzon Textiles in Adelaide sent me a surprise in the mail - a fat quarter of each fabric in the Wild Rose range. Once again, I must say that the website does not do them justice. The colours are beautiful, the designs gorgeous.
I have a few ideas, stitcheries that have been in my head are now beginning to take shape. I'd better get cracking if they are to be completed before the June QCE (trade show where we show off all our wares to the shops!)!!
The blacks are stunning!
But I think I'm still a blue girlOr maybe a pink girl ........
Our workroom bricks arrived today, after several days of anxiously waiting, because they had been "misplaced" in the brick yard. However, we have since found that we need to get a planning permit due to the size of the extension - at least another eight weeks to wait before we start building. Just when we thought everything was running along smoothly!
Don't you love the nifty little forklift they use to take the bricks off the truck! I might add that the truck was at least half a kilometer long (bit of an exaggeration) - it took up most of the street!
I'm off to count bricks now - there should be 2000! (just joking!)
Liz

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What a lovely parcel to receive - how lucky are you Liz? I look forward to seeing what you are going make!