Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TiramiSue

My friend Sue has done it! She has finally created a blog - well, it's in the early stages yet, but you can be sure that there will be lots of "ooohs" and aaahs" when you see what she is capable of!
Keep an eye on TiramiSue - you won't be disappointed! (The pressure is now on, Sue!)
Here's my latest design - it will be on the website any day now. It's called "Teddy Bears A-Plenty". David is the poet. I had ten teddies, each made twice and here's what he came up with for the stitchery inner border.
"Teddy bears, teddy bears,
Teddy bears a-plenty.
If you count them carefully,
You'll see that there are twenty!"
I have also nearly finished "Woolly Bears", made with lovely soft Maywood Studio flannels. A really cute snuggle rug for kids. Here's a preview, all set out on the floor, ready to sew together. Simple construction, but effective! I'm nearly ready to add wadding and backing.
AQM next week - that 's the Australian Quilt Market - a trade show. I'm hoping to have Green Farm Village completed by then - it's a ten month block of the month. I'll post photos soon!
See you (and Julie & Julie) tomorrow morning Sue, for coffee and apple slice this time! No chocolate, but lots of cream!
Liz

No comments: