Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cold Friday Morning


More Bluebird of Hope blocks - the top pic is Natalie Lymer's work, above is by Natalie Ross, the one below by Kerrie Gillespie, and at the bottom you can see Lynette Anderson's work. I hope you have had a look at the QuiltAid website - each shop has made up their own design for the finishing kit - they are all stunning!

I am currently working on a new design, as well as "Birdies" (see previous post) using Maywood Studio "Woolies" flannels - the range is fantastic (checks, spots, houndstooth, plaids etc) and the quality unbelievable. You may think it's a bit late in the season to be thinking flannels, but by the time the quilt is completed and photographed, and the pattern is written up and printed, it will be available for sale in time for it to be made up for next Winter! And the fabrics are an on-going range. It will be "Woolie Bears" (of course!) More info soon.
It's a cold (brrrrr...) Friday morning - I can't wait for the sun to reach the front windows - it warms up the house beautifully in the Winter. A lovely cosy feeling.
Liz

1 comment:

Bearly Sane said...

Hi Liz!
I am so glad I went browsing this morning the new blocks are great. And now that I have found you...I have added you to my reading list so we can keep in touch.
Hugs,
Sandi