Sunday, May 3, 2009

Elm Creek Quilts

Hello Dear Readers!
I have just bought myself a copy of Jennifer Chiaverini's book, Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts. If you have not read any novels from her Elm Creek Quilts series, then you are in for a treat! Easy to read, "feel good" stories, with a central theme of quilting running through them.
Sylvia's Bridal Sampler has been inspired by the stories, and it takes you through the making of a beautiful quilt, with a total of 140 blocks, each one measuring 6" square.
My personal challenge is to hand-make a quilt using a selection of the blocks. I think you can be more accurate when hand stitching, and it's such a relaxing way of sewing!
Last night I finished 'Chinese Coin'. Here it is! I'm not worrying too much about light and dark values, or coordinating colours, I'm just putting together what appeals to me! It will be interesting to see how it looks finished!Tonight I'm working on ........ I forget ........ I'll just have to go and have a look ........ I'm back - it's 'Aunt Sukey's Choice'.
The photo will be posted soon!
Liz

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thank you Liz, I had not heard of these books before, but have now been on ebay and purchased the first three for Mum for Mother's Day. They sound delightful.I was at a bit of a loss as to what to get her, but this is just the ticket as she is the one who introduced me to quilting.Looking forward to seeing more of Sylvia's Bridal Quilt, Kim:0)