Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Easily Pleased

I'm easily pleased! And I'm excited!

Easily pleased because there is a new series of "Time Team" on Tuesday nights - just love it! (When we are out in the garden there is the occasional cry of "Ooh arh - a piece of Samian Ware!" Or, "Is this a piece of Roman roof tile/Roman coin/human skull?") When I began watching the program some time ago, I couldn't for the life of me see how they could identify a tiny piece of "something" - but now I'm beginning to see subtle differences! And I love looking at the aerial views of the sites they dig. I'm afraid I'm hooked!

I'm excited because last night I watched "The New Inventors" (purely by chance - for the first time in a while) and saw a short segment about Leonie West from Westalee Designs (adjustable quilting rulers - you'll remember that she won the People's Choice Award last year). The segment was filmed at Patchwork with Gail B, a veritable Aladdin's cave of fabrics, at Bayswater, here in Victoria. At that stage David had left the room, I was jumping up and down shreaking for him to "get back in here" because.................
in one of the shots, on the wall behind Leonie's hubby Bill, was my quilt "Let's Play Ladies"!!!!!
My quilt has reached national television!!!!!!
And David missed it all!
However ....... it will be telecast again on Saturday 16th. May, on ABC 2 at 6.05pm. I've already set the DVD to record!
Liz

2 comments:

Joy said...

Liz that's so exciting!! I'll be watching on the 16th for sure.
Yay for you :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Liz! Oooohh! I'm hooked on Time Team, too! After studying history all through high school, I find it fascinating to watch it being uncovered, often in people's backyards. I even wanted to be an archaeologist for a while - but suspect that had more to do with Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones than a love of history! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS