Sunday, March 1, 2009

Quilt Convention

I spent last Thursday with my friend Sue at the Quilt Convention - it was held for the first time at the "old" Exhibition Building in Carlton, a beautiful venue. However, there was disgruntled muttering to be heard from quite a few customers - not enough parking; queues to get in were just far too long; too hot (no air-conditioning); too cramped (even though there were unused open floor spaces behind partitions; the stand layout did not lend itself to a good "traffic flow" of customers; not enough food outlets and not enough choice of food; not enough seating........ I hope the organisers get it right next year.
But apart from all that, a good day was had, and I met quite a few friends! Caught up with my "ex" teacher friend Lynn - yes, Lynn, I'll email you soon! Also Elaine and Julie - great to talk to you! Helped out at The Patchwork Tea House stand for an hour or two to give the girls a break. Said a quick "hello" to Rosemary and Heather from Stitch in Time; Sandra from Foothills Fabrics and Threads; Gail, Rebecca, Russell and Kay from Patchwork with Gail B. My apologies to Heather and the girls at Barossa Quilt & Craft Cottage - they were busy every time I went past!

Photo - A very proud Grandpa with a gorgeous Sean!
Bye for now,
Liz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh.....
He is so beautiful!!!!
Kisses from Brazil
Dany