Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year Looming

Christmas has come - Christmas has gone! It was LOVELY with our little Sean gurgling his way through the festivities! Here he is with Paddington Bear. I must tell you a little story.
In the seventies, when my children were small, their Grandma (my Mum) went back to the "Old Country" as she used to call it, for a holiday and to catch up with friends and relatives. Mum was born in Wales.
She sent lots of postcards, the last one letting us know that she had "surprises" for Paul and Mark (we had visions of the t-shirt printed with "My Grandma went to England and all she bought me was this lousy t-shirt")!!
The Qantas flights from London usually arrived at Tullamarine around 5 am in the morning - we picked up a very tired little lady (she was under 5 feet tall), struggling through customs with a couple of peculiar lumps and bumps about her person. These bumps appeared to be two furry noses. On further inspection, the boys were delighted to find a Paddington Bear each, with different coloured duffle coats and rain hats to tell them apart. Mum passed away in 1991 - the boys treasure these bears to this day.
This Christmas, Paul gave Sean his very own Paddington - what a thoughtful and loving Dad he is!!!!
I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by - I know, you hear that all the time. But 12 months ago today was the day Mark and Rach were married! Melbourne's unpredictable weather - Last year the temperature on New Year's Eve reached 42 degrees - today the top temperature predicted is 22 degrees!!!!!!!
Happy First Anniversary Rach and Mark!
I hope you all had a happy and joyous Christmas.
Happy New Year!
Liz

2 comments:

Joy said...

Oh he's soooo cute!!! I love his sweet bib ... did you make it??
Happy Anniversary to Rach and Mark :o).
Happy new year to all!!
Joy :o)

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Liz! I didn't read a lot of Paddington stories when I was a kid, but think he's just so sweet and I'd one day like to own a Paddington Bear from Paddington station - its on the wish list!! Wishing you a fabulous New Year full of family, fun, laughter, love and lots of new adventures! Bear Hugs! KRIS