Friday, June 13, 2008

QCE Episode 2

We had a fantastic response to our new BOM design "Sew Busy Bears" at the show - and the pretty floral fabrics, "Little LuLu's" from Maywood Studio, is a very new range which should be around for some time. I had a great time creating this one - and the fabrics were a joy to sew! Orders for this pattern have already come, not only from Australian customers, but also from Canada and New Zealand!
A riot of a time was had at the show - sore, tight faces from smiling and laughing! I'm taking comfort in the fact that when you smile fewer muscles are used than when you frown, so fewer wrinkles!
I met up with Helen Stubbings from Hugs & Kisses - wandered past her stand trying to find a quiet moment to say hello but she was constantly busy! Then I found out why! Boobie Buttons! Her customers were colouring in! It must be the child in us - I sat down and coloured in as well!
Boobie Buttons are cute little fabric badges in an assortment of designs - they could be seen being proudly worn by many customers around the show!
Make a note in your diaries to watch ABC TV's New Inventors on July 2nd - a fellow Mount Evelyn resident, Leonie West, of Westalee Designs, has produced a new adjustable cutting ruler which will make accuracy with your rotary cutter much easier, especially when cutting lots of the same measurement. Good luck Lee!
We also met, for the first time, the lovely Natalie Ross and her sister Mel - their first show and they were such fun to be next to - we compared notes about the comfort of the beds in Rydges!!! I just love Natalie's newest design - "The Wonder of Spring". The talent of some of our Aussie designers never ceases to amaze me. Thanks girls for helping to make the weekend such fun!
By the way - someone (I'm not naming anyone!) was seen in the Rydges (4 ½ starhotel) foyer in her pyjamas later in the evening!
Time for lunch, next installment coming soon!
Liz

2 comments:

Sandie said...

I love all of your teddy quilts.
(I love teddies, lol).
They are all wonderful. Thanks for sharing them with us. I am in central Victoria. I came across your blog whilst looking at someone else's. *Ü* I'm glad I looked in. Cheers, Sandie

Anonymous said...

I bought a pattern from you and was delighted. It was in a well padded envelope which saved it from getting wet. Congratulations on your speedy service. It was a delight to deal with you. I will be back for more teddy patterns again.Thank you,
Kindest Regards, Patricia