Monday, February 25, 2008

Scout Market


Saturday - what a day! Rain! Heavy rain! But only in bursts. I hope some of it managed to soak in - we certainly need it. The gardens and trees here are all looking very sad.
I spent the morning at the Mount Evelyn Scout craft/trash & treasure market - but I managed to spend some of my profits! Gift wrap paper, books and some fantastic commercial tins for bread baking. But I neeeeeded them!
The market is held every two months, and we are hoping to attract more stall holders who can offer quality craft goods, and also promote our very talented local artisans. There are plants, a sausage sizzle, books, folk art painting, jewellery, second hand goods, wood turning, toys, some furniture, etc. It's held at the scout hall in Station Street, which is just off Wray Cresent, the main street of the Mount Evelyn village.
I'm hoping to have a stall every market day - I will get the dates for the rest of 2008 and post them here soon.
Must go,
Liz
Photo is "Picnic Time for Teddy Bears".

No comments: